Up & Coming Authors Share Their Stories

This past Sunday authors Becca Fitzpatrick and Elizabeth Miles traveled to the Wellesley Free Library in Wellesley, MA to talk about their books and sign them.

Upon arrival, Becca and Elizabeth joined all early arriving fans for casual conversation and even a slice of free pizza, complements of the library. Everyone was then escorted to a special area where the authors talked a little bit about their books and answered questions from several curious fans.

“My husband actually signed me up for a writing class for my birthday,” Becca told her listeners when asked how she originally got into writing. Fitzpatrick currently has 3 published books. Hush, Hush, and Crescendo are New York Times best selling YA (Young Adult) novels. Her latest book and the 3rd book of the Hush, Hush Saga, called Silence, which was released October 4th. Becca tells the story of a 16 year old girl who falls in love with a mysterious boy who leads her on a path of danger and mystery into a world she never thought could ever exist.

“Another author actually encouraged me to write”, Elizabeth spilled when asked the same question. Elizabeth Miles just released her first novel back in August called Fury. Elizabeth writes about a 17 year old girl and boy who make have both made terrible decisions in their lives, but for these characters sorry is not enough. Three mysterious figures set out to even the score and make them pay for what they have done.

After almost 45 minutes of questions and answers the fans were ready to get their books signed. Fans lined up and handed their books off to each author who signed gratefully. “They’re my favorite authors,” Jenna Chaplin, a junior from Franklin High, commented. “Meeting them was amazing. They took time to ask us about us and get to know their fans. The experience was amazing.”