A Day of Culture: Boston

As you step off the Commuter Rail, you’re finally in Boston and the whole city is at your fingertips!

Spend the afternoon at the Museum of Fine Arts enjoying American, European, or Contemporary art. Current exhibitions, like Leonardo da Vinci and the Idea of Beauty, aren’t only for art fans, but also for scientists studying physiology.  Da Vinci, one of the leading Renaissance men, “takes the approach of a scientist, but translates it into the painting with superb delicacy and finesse,” as Jean-Pierre Cuzin, Louvre Curator, notes. The Codex on Flight, a book in which da Vinci studies the flight of birds and proposes ways to create flying machines, will also be on display along with many of his drawings that epitomize “the idea of beauty.”

Afterwards, treat yourself to Italian food at Babbo’s Pizzeria e Enoteca on Fan Pier next to The Institute of Contemporary Art.  The restaurant, which was opened by Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich, commemorates its one week opening this week, and boasts brick-oven pizzas, pasta, and gelato and sorbetto.  With friendly and helpful waiters, Babbo has a comfortable, warm environment.

Be sure to try the Spinach, Ricotta Salata & Truffle Honey salad, the Prosciutto & Arugula and Margherita pizzas, and the Affogato for dessert for the coffee lovers, although everything on the menu is sure to please.

**Museum passes can be reserved at the Franklin Public Library for reduced entrance at the MFA.