The Ins and Outs of Homecoming

Cindy Barba, Writer

Homecoming, the most exciting annual event to occur at Franklin High School, is coming up soon and there’s a lot you need to know about it.

In conjunction with the game against Attleboro, the Homecoming Dance is taking place on Saturday, Oct. 22 from 7-10 p.m. in the school gymnasium.

Tickets can be purchased at the event or online here. Tickets for the dance cost $8. If you would like to attend both the game and the dance, a combination ticket will be available for $10.

Homecoming is “a dance for all four grades to experience together” says Senior Class President Nicky Gnaman. It is currently the school’s only dance where all four grades are welcome to attend together. When asked what typically happens at the Homecoming Dance, Gnaman explained that people dress up and that it’s a traditional dance. Attire is semiformal.

Gnaman also noted that the concession stand outside of the gym has been used to serve water in the past. Keep in mind, no food will be served at the event, so it is recommended that you eat something before you arrive.

“Homecoming is a lot of fun!” says Sydney Robinson, a junior. “I really enjoy how students are able to attend with their friends from different grades!”

Heard a rumor you need a date to attend Homecoming? No need to worry, that rumor is completely false. Attending Homecoming with friends is a lot of fun and you’ll be guaranteed to have a great time.