Calling all Teenage Republicans!

One of the newest clubs at FHS is the Teenage Republicans Club, and it’s looking for new members! The club is led by seniors Meghan Pradko and Meaghan Barry (faculty advisers are Mr. Walsh and Mr. Penza). The purpose of the club  is to learn about the current political issues and principles of the different political parties, get involved in political campaigns, do community service, and most of all, have fun doing it!

Both leaders agree on the importance of political clubs at Franklin High School.  Meghan Pradko says, “most of us will be voting soon, and even if you’re a freshman, it’s never a bad idea to figure out what you believe. It’s also important to figure out why you believe in something, and why people of other opinions believe what they do”.

What does a typical meeting look like? The agenda varies from learning about and discussing different political issues, planning campaign and community service trips, and playing games. The leaders also hope to invite guest speakers to some of the meetings. Elections will soon be held within the club to fill the positions of secretary and treasurer.

“As Americans, we are so blessed to be able to vote” says Meghan. “Politics affect everyone’s lives, so you might as well get informed and involved!”

Meetings are held Wednesdays after school in Mr. Walsh’s room, D210.