Drink to Dream: The Newest in Sleeping Technology

We’ve all heard about the energy shot, the drink that’s supposed to get you pumped up and ready for the day ahead, but what about winding down after? Have you heard about the sleeping shot? This weekend during Collegefest at the Hynes Convention Center in Boston one booth was giving away sample bottles of a new product called “Dream Water”.

This new drink is supposed to help you get a full night sleep and help with sleeping disorders or insomnia. It’s promoted as a 0-calorie sleep and relaxation shot. On their website www.drinktodreamwater.com it explains how dream water works, “Gamma-Amino Butyric Acid (GABA) is an inhibitory neurotransmitter that blocks the transmission of an impulse from one cell to another. GABA helps you relax and reduce anxiety. Melatonin helps govern the body’s internal clock that regulates your natural cycle of sleeping and waking hours. Melatonin helps induce sleep. 5-HTP helps improve the quality of sleep, by stimulating the production of melatonin.”

Dream Water comes in three different flavors, all with equally clever names, “Lullaby Lemon”, “Snoozeberry”, and “I Dream of Kiwi”. And it comes in either a 8 fl oz bottle for everyday use or a convenient 2.5 fl oz shot designed to pass through airport security for those who like to catch some Z’s on the plane.

Could Dream Water be the newest and coolest thing? It seems like a good idea but I have yet to see if it will catch on. They are currently promoting free samples on their website. I’ve yet to try it myself but it seems like it would come in handy on those long stressful nights.