Make A Difference With Light Up A Life!

Do you want to make a difference to local families in need? Here’s your chance! Throughout the month of November, students involved in Peer Leadership during A period will be collecting any amount of money for Light Up a Life, a program that helps to support families during the holidays.

Something many people do not realize is the amount of money that goes into providing children with the gifts that they, sometimes unthinkingly, beg their parents for. And in the state of today’s economy, it is not uncommon for families to be living paycheck to paycheck, and therefore unable to provide these gifts.

So how do they provide their children with a perfect holiday season? With the generosity of the students of Franklin High, of course! “Donations of any amount of money will go a long way,” says sophomore peer leader Allie Bailey.

But how will such small donations make any difference? The money will add up! If everybody in the school, not even including teachers, brings in just one dollar for Light Up a Life, we’re looking at 1,600 dollars! With that much money, kids across town will be smiling ear to ear this holiday season, overcome with the holiday spirit. But in order for that to happen, everybody needs to participate, so remember to bring their donations to A period!