Hollywood Nights 2014

The Franklin High School theater department and Change for a Chance are getting ready for Hollywood Nights on April 10th from 7-9pm in the FHS Lecture Hall.

Similar to Cabaret and Lovefest, Hollywood Nights will have students performing skits and musical acts. Performances will be broken up into three different categories, drama, comedy, and music.  All proceeds from the event will go towards education in Moshi Tanzania.

“Hollywood Nights is comprised of specific scenes from Hollywood movies and Broadway plays” said FHS Theater teacher Ms. Waters.

When asked what was different about Hollywood Nights Ms. Waters went on to say “It’s a growing experience, it’ll be our third year doing it and each year is a little different. I tried to focus on more on serious acting as opposed to slapstick comedy.”

Ms. Waters also wanted her theater classes to focus on the classics,  saying that many of her students had not seen them.

A preview of the set design
A preview of the set design
More set design previews
More set design previewA preview of the set design

Ms. Waters isn’t the only one who would like more serious acting.

“I think its really fun, we usually see the theater students do funny skits, and they are funny, like SNL style. But this really shows how talented they are and it’s really fun to watch.” said FHS Change for a Chance President Emily Lavallee who has helped organize and publicize this event.

Change for a Chance will be at Hollywood Nights to support a great cause. Lavallee explained “We’ll have a bake sale, so we will have refreshments sold out front. There will be a silent auction so you can bid on a lot of great things, itunes gift cards, elizabeths gift cards, and more”

“Every year we get better and better, since its a new show not a lot of people know about it, but the word has been getting out and now Hollywood Nights is a name people recognize which is good” continued Lavallee

The stage is all set, and the show is ready to go, so come to Hollywood Nights Thursday April 10th from 7-9pm!