What to Know for College Orientation

College orientation can be an intimidating experience at first glance, but there are a few things incoming freshmen should know.

First off, it’s very important that you actually attend orientation.

College will be one of the most exciting periods in your life, but you don’t want to get off on the wrong foot. Orientation is a great chance to acquaint yourself with your school’s campus, the extracurricular activities, the services, and all of your future opportunities. To most teenagers, this is your time to shine and prove to your parents that you can manage on your own.

Now that you’ve (hopefully) decided to actually attend orientation, the next step is to meet new people 

It’s important to remember that you aren’t the only one who may not know anyone else and you are certainly not the only nervous one. Whether you’re going across the country or to a state school twenty minutes away this is your chance to make new friends. Make sure to introduce yourself to your roommate as well as the people around your dorm. Like it or not, these are the people you’ll be living with for the next year so make an effort to be friendly, find out if you share any interests and maybe even invite someone to your room for a nice game of 2K or Chel.

Also, make sure to get the necessary events done as soon as possible

Registering for classes, getting your student ID, and creating your usernames and email address are essential for the college experience. You don’t want to have to deal with this kind of stuff once you begin classes because at that point, you will have many other important things to be worrying about.

For more college tips and advice, visit TYT University for helpful videos.

How do you feel about college orientation?