It’s Happening- Battle Of The Bands

Think your band’s got talent?

May 19th and 20th auditions for the Battle of the Bands will be held from 2:30- 3:30 in the lecture hall. Any band or musical act can audition.

At the FHS end of the year celebration, six chosen acts will compete face to face in honor of the end of one schools era and the beginning of another.

“I’m excited to see what people will bring to the competition,” says sophomore participant John Salzillo.

“I think it’s a great idea, and I hope they do it again. I also hope it is advertised more so people are aware of it.”

“We will be performing at the end of the year party. The competition will be the last event of the day at one o’clock.” says Ms. Avedesian (the teacher in charge of auditions).

The End of the Year party is scheduled on the last full day of school before finals, June 12th.

All acts must prepare at least two songs for auditions, and be ready to perform in front of a panel of judges. Instruments will be provided if the school has them, but feel free to bring in your own.

As mentioned previously, six acts will be chosen to perform. Therefore the six best acts will be granted the opportunity to take part in the battle.

For more information email Ms. Avedesian, or visit her in A-218.

About the Contributor
Alycia Felli, Feature Editor
After taking a Digital Journalism course her freshman year, Alycia has been an active member of Pantherbook, and was elected as Features Editor her Junior year. As a writer, Alycia focuses primarily on Op-Eds, and enjoys reviewing work from her fellow journalists. Alycia is also the Co-President of Young Dems, Model UN, and founder of the “Ban the Bag” movement in Franklin. She is also a member of Horizontes and NHS, and works two jobs in addition to a rigorous academic curriculum. In her free time, she enjoys following politics, eating good food, and spending time with her 6-pound dog, Toby. In terms of continuing her academic career, Alycia plans to attend school at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver to study International Relations.