Pantherbook Profile: Mr. Walsh

Each week, Pantherbook will ask an FHS teacher 15 questions that will let FHS get to know him/her better, whether you have them for a class or see them as a familiar face in the halls.

This week, Mr. Walsh is our Teacher of the Week.

1. Full Name/Nickname: My nickname is Butch.

2. If  I were not at my job right now I’d probably be: I would probably be off in Iowa or New Hampshire planning a presidential campaign. Not for myself, though… I would like to be a campaign manager.

3. Something most people would be surprised to know about me is: I was a trackie and a bandie in high school. And a nerd.

4. My biggest fear: That sugar-free gum will be found to cause cancer.

5. One day I plan to: …fly a plane. I will do that.

6. The best/worst thing about my job is: The worst part of the job is falling asleep on students papers and grading papers late into the night. The best part of the job is I know I’ve helped students understand a difficult concept.

7. Favorite season? Fall.

8. What school did you go to? Stonehill College.

9. Favorite movie/TV show? Breaking Bad and Thank You For Smoking.

10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? Definitely to fly. That’s an easy one – to fly.

11. 5 ways to use a pencil: I can write with it, I can erase with it, I can chew on it, I can sharpen it, and I can stick on my ear to look smart.

12. Favorite childhood memory: Sitting on my grandfather’s lap hearing stories about his life.

13. The last book I read: Sick Puppy by Carl Hiaasen.

14. The last concert I attended: Blake Shelton and George Strait.

15. Funniest thing to happen to me at work: I would say probably the time that my stool collapsed underneath me and I fell to ground while teaching a lesson.