Framing Your Future

Framing Your Future

Sarah LeBlanc, Writer

Photography club is a teacher advised and student led club, that allows students to share their art through pictures; no prior knowledge is required.

Students are free to bring in and use their own camera. However, if they aren’t in possession of a camera, students are allowed to borrow a school camera as long as the student has attended two consecutive meetings before signing one out.

Franklin High School freshman, Olivia Perron, a student who takes part in photography club describes: “I joined this club because I have always loved the idea of being able to capture a beautiful moment within a single picture and I want to get better at it.”

Throughout the club, students are required to take part in photo challenges in which they have to take pictures revolving around a certain theme. Their first theme, which they are working on currently, is fall. The students then pick their favorite 1-2 pictures and post them onto the photography club website. These pictures will then be displayed to the class.

Ms. Taranto advises the club, while it is led by students, Matthew Peirce and Alexander Jackson. If you are interested in joining, the club meets every Thursday in room 128, from 2:10pm – 3:10pm.

The Photography Club classroom code is vkkqng6.

If you have any questions, email Ms. Taranto:
[email protected]