The Freshmen Officers: A Closer Look

Freshmen Officers, from left to right: Nolan Sheridan, Nipun Goel, Kianna Thomas, Stefany Padula

Aislinn Lavery, Writer

https://youtu.be/-ozdMTF_gNM

This year’s freshmen class officials have big plans for FHS.

The officers are President Nipun Goel, Vice President Kianna Thomas, Treasurer Nolan Sheridan, and Secretary Stefany Padula. Their job is to plan events for the freshman class, but it’s much bigger than just a party planning group.

“Our overall goal is helping the freshmen transition into the school by creating unified bonds and an environment where freshmen really get to interact and create new friends,” says Vice President Thomas.

President Goel adds that he’d like to make sure the freshman class has enough funds to make this year’s banquet “the best banquet in the history of freshmen.”

If a student wants to contact an official with feedback or questions, there are several ways they can reach them. They can email them, stop them in the halls, or send messages to any of their Instagram handles (attached below).

Right now, the officers are unsure about the time and location of their meetings because they haven’t been assigned an advisor to look over their meetings. When they begin meeting, the first thing they will begin planning will be the freshman banquet and fundraisers to help support it.

Thomas and Goel plan to go further with the experience they gain this year communicating with others and learning leadership skills. While both hope to become lawyers when they leave school, Thomas harbours the additional ambition of eventually running for Senate.

Overall, it seems as though the Class of 2022 couldn’t have chosen a more enthusiastic and kind group to lead them this coming year. “I’m most excited for meeting new people,” says President Goel. “Just talking to them, getting to know them, and seeing how I can help them.”

To access Nipun’s instagram account, click here.

To access Kianna’s instagram account, click here.

To access Stefany’s instagram account, click here.

To access Nolan’s instagram account, click here.