Hot Fashion When The Temperature Drops

Lauren Melville, Writer

As the temperature drops and the colder winter-like weather approaches, questions asking what we should wear start rising. 

There are many fall fashion trends for teenage girls that are prevalent in and around Franklin High School. But there are five trends that are hot right now: Everything chunky! Chunky and cozy sweaters, jackets, and cardigans are in for this fall season. 

Molly DiMatteo, a senior at Franklin High School, said she loves the current trends.

“Thick sweaters, denim jackets are my go-to in the fall,” she said.

This works great over a simple dress or white tee and jeans. Also, anything oversized is big this season; from oversized jeans, sweaters, and earrings! The bigger the better for the fall. 

Another senior at Franklin High School, Charlotte Healey, said she likes to follow fall trends.

“I like the muted colors, red and tan,” she said. “I like boots (with heels). Cozy sweaters as well.” 

Color is always a trend in any season but for fall black is in. Anything black is always chic and timeless. A big black knit paired with jeans and boots is a great staple outfit for the colder weather. For the past couple of fall seasons over the knee and booties have been on trend and there is no end in sight. 

High schoolers follow these trends by shopping at Forever 21, H&M, Urban Outfitters, American Eagle, and Pacsun.  

Many high school students desire to follow the current trends, but many others do not feel any pressure to conform to the trends and wear clothes that make them feel good. So whether it is a cozy sweater or a fun colored shirt, fall fashion is unlimited and full of opportunities.