All About Model Congress

Tess Bower, Writer

Are you interested in politics? Are you an aspiring congressman/congresswoman? Model Congress may just be the perfect club for you!

According to Thomas Broyles, current President and founder of the club at Franklin High, Model Congress is a program that gives students the opportunity to engage in a role-playing simulation of the United States Congress. The group meets on Mondays at 3:00-4:00 pm via google meet. There they practice and prepare for a two day conference hosted by one of the high schools within the Hockomock league.

So why join Model Congress? The program not only demonstrates how the United States Congress works, but will provide you with a variety of skills and tools for your future. As explained by Broyles, the club allows you to learn and master skills such as public speaking, debating, researching, and writing.  You also learn the pros and cons of our legislative process.

The club is run by four student officers and the advisor, Mr. Perkins. Thomas Broyles is the president and founder of Model Congress. Max Cohn is Vice President, Katelyn Brown is the Secretary, and Drew Mahoney is the Treasurer.

To join Model Congress, you can join the Google Classroom using the code, 75gn5l7

The google meet link can be found at the top of the classroom page. If you have any questions, feel free to email the advisor of Model Congress, Mr. Perkins, or the president, Thomas Broyles.