Local Music Spotlight: The Enthusiastics

The Enthusiastics are another Franklin-based group that has been gaining popularity for almost four years. Their classis rock style started up when Nick Colace (drums) and Andrew Barry (guitar, leading vocals) began to play music together in 2007. Their music writing began to take off when Andrew and Nick began recording sessions with out a bassist and by the end of the 2007 school year; they had their first recorded EP. When Kevin Dwyer joined the band as a bassist, the band began to form on its own over time.

They got to be The Enthusiastics when discussing band names. As a joke, it was mentioned that they weren’t enthusiastic about any names, and they agreed that it was a good name for the group. Their influences are mainly classic rock, but any music that inspires them to write and play is an influence.

Last summer, Ryan McNeice joined Nick and Andrew as another guitarist. Ryan also contributes vocals and some organ playing. The Enthusiastics began playing shows at private shows with their friends and eventually made connections and friendships with other local bands. With these ties, they began playing more and more, making their popularity soar. Just in the past summer, they played two or three shows every week.

Their next show it their CD release show at the Bellingham VFW on November 27th from 5-10pm. They will be accompanied by the bands N69, Lights Over Norway, The Heatsticks, Cactus Attack, The Wayside, and The Free Agents.

You can check out this event on Facebook at “The Enthusiastics CD RELEASE SHOW!” and The Enthusiastics’ page on Facebook as well.