Cman’s review of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

In July 2007 many people waited and enjoyed the release of the last book in the Harry potter series that has adored readers for years. Now about three years and a few months later the finale of the epic series hits the big screen in Harry Potter and the Dealthy Hallows Part 1.

I had a hard time getting tickets for this movie, most of the theaters were sold out but I found one that had a few seats left. I heard of thousands of fans going to the midnight premier all around the world, even my sister went to one. Once I got in I had the expectation it would be extremely exciting and one of the better movies I saw this year. Well, my expectation was cast by a patronus charm and flew out the door on a broom. I never red the books so I didn’t know what was going to happen but that in mind I went in and watched it.

The story begins with the evil dark wizard Voldemort’s a.k.a (he who must not be named) on the edge of absolute power, he now has control over the Ministry of Magic and Hogwarts. Harry, Ron, and Hermione decide to finish Dumbledore’s work and find the rest of the Horcruxes to defeat the Dark Lord. But little hope remains for the Trio, as things seem to not go as planned.

The deathly hallows is one of the 1st movies I saw to do two things, one be split in to two movies which might get more content out the book on the big screen, this was a major issue with book adaptations. Second they had the nerve to kill of so many characters that were in it from beginning to end I’m not telling who but I was sad when they died. Unlike the other six movies Harry, Ron and Hermione were never at Hogwarts rather they were on the run and always avoiding the Death Eaters who are Voldemort’s Accomplices which gave a more drama to moments in the story when things seem to fall apart.

If you looking for an action movie constant explosions I wouldn’t look here. It has action, but its mostly story driven, often the characters are all alone they are the only ones they can trust when things take a turn for the worst their whole relationship falls apart. However in the long run they are still best friends and they kinda have to do this because if they wont do it who will?

This movie kept me on the edge of my seat I was always wondering “ are they going to die”, “ are they going to make it” it was amazing I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars