Pants on the Ground…Literally!

If you thought a song about having your pants on the ground wasn’t enough, well an ‘X Factor’, contestant, Geo Godley, brought it to the next level. Wednesday night, on a two-hour premiere of the show, he dropped his pants and sang for not only the judges but for the hundreds of viewers at home, and the studio audience. The judges — Paula Abdul, Simon Cowell, L.A. Reid, and Nicole Scherzinger– were appauled. Paula stormed off stage and appeared to be ill, saying the performance “literally made me sick,” while L.A. Reid declared, “that was offensive, disgusting, distasteful, upsetting — get him out of the building please!”. After his performance, Godley was interrogated by reporters. “I was in key, everything was going well,” he said. “My pants were down and I was jumping around and all of a sudden the audience turned against me. I don’t know what happened. I thought they’d like it.” The complaint comes as broadcast decency laws are expected to be reviewed by the Supreme Court during its upcoming term. The Court will look at the FCC’s crackdown on “fleeting expletives” accidentally aired by broadcasters, a case stemming from a complaint against Fox which aired Cher and Nicole Richie saying the f-word during two separate telecasts of the Billboard Music Awards.

What to you think: Was it appropriate and okay for Geo to drop his pants on national television? Should he have made his performance suitable for all ages?