The Return of Arrested Development

The creators of the TV show Arrested Development announced Sunday at the New Yorker festival that they have plans to make new episodes and a movie. The Fox show has been off the air since 2006. Although the show had a good fan base, the show received very low ratings in the and only lasted three seasons.

The creators of the show admittedly made mistakes in the past but are now willing to fix what they did wrong. They plan on making 9 or ten episodes into a mini series and also a movie. The mini series of episodes is going to lead up to the movie. They plan on starting the production of the mini series in the summer of 2012.  These episodes will most likely be aired sometime in 2013. Not much is known about the movie and they are apparently still in the “negotiating” stage.

The return of Arrested Development could either be a good thing or a bad thing. Will the creators get it right this time or will they receive low ratings again. I believe that they will get good ratings because they have been off the air for so long that people really want to see the show again. The mini series leading up to the movie is also a good idea because then if you watch the show you will want to see what follows it. We will find out in 2013 if they get the ratings they deserve.