Marvel Releases First Trailer of ‘The Avengers’

If you’re like me, you probably waited until the end of the credits for all the Marvel Studios movies to see a sneak preview of a future movie. If you’re like me, you were probably disappointed when the credits ended for “X-Men: First Class” and there was no video. If you’re not like me, then it’s time to move to a different article.

Is everybody gone yet?

Sweet…

Anyways, Marvel Studios has released their first trailer for their new movie titled “The Avengers”. Named after the comic series of the same name, “The Avengers” includes a group of elite Marvel superheroes working together. It’s like the DC Comics “Justice League” but for Marvel.

When I walked into my Film Production class, one kid decided to show me the trailer for the new movie. Halfway through, I noticed how the whole class had congregated around the screen. Why is this? Could it be “The Avengers” is the movie that we have been waiting for?

“Iron Man” 1 and 2 were hugely popular when they came out. Along with Captain America, the Hulk and Thor, these movies all were successful at the box office. Some movies were better than others but they all were generally enjoyed.

“The Avengers” is expected to be one of the FEW movies next summer that could challenge “The Dark Knight Rises”.

In “The Avengers” we see the always cool, Samuel L. Jackson play Nick Fury, Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man/Tony Stark, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, and Scarlett Johansson as The Black Widow. An interesting note is that the Hulk/Bruce Banner will not be played by Eric Bana who played the part in the movie. It will now be played by Mark Ruffalo.

No matter who’s playing who, the trailer looks good. Check it out for yourself!