When Harry Left Hogwarts

Even though the movies and books are done, one more piece of Harry Potter magic will be available on November 11, 2011. A massive box set of all 8 films will be released when the final installment “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2” goes onto blue-ray and DVD on 11/11/11. Target will be marking that day with the film box set and along with it, will come a bonus feature that will only be available with the set.

Morgan Matthews, the director of the documentary was granted V.I.P access to the sets of the last two movies and resulted in creating the 48-minute documentary “When Harry Left Hogwarts”.  The documentary doesn’t just cover ground on what other documentary’s normally cover but has a lot of insight and interviews.

In this documentary there are interviews with the cast and crew of the films. Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, and Rupert Grint all have interviews as expected. Other members of the cast such as Tom Felton, Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasly) and Matthew Lewis (Neville Longbottom) as well as other cast member who don’t normally get the limelight get their chance to speak in interviews in the documentary. It also has behind the scenes glimpse of creating the more emotional scenes of the film.

The documentary will only be available on the Target box set. For fans of the series, it is said to be a must watch and it will leave fans with a reassured feeling that the beloved series has not ended in vain, and the magic will continue.