Michael Jackson’s Doctor Gets Easy Jail Time

Conrad Murray received a four year sentence and was convicted of involuntary manslaughter for the 2009 death of Michael Jackson, BUT chances are that he will be let off the hook early.

Murray has gotten reduced time (only 2 out of 4 years) thanks to good behavior, the time he already spent in jail, and California laws that cater to reducing the population in jails. California has a large problem with prison overcrowding so Mr. Murray, along with many others, has been moved to a county jail instead of a state facility.

He gave the ever-popular singer a powerful sedative called Propofol. This is usually used in hospitals with with extreme care. Also, after Jackson died Conrad Murray failed to call 911 right away.

The California law system is forced to prioritize crimes and decide whether the criminals deserve a stricter jail or not. This jail that Murray has been sent to is known for commonly reducing sentences.

The judge, Michael Pastor, commented on Murray’s attitude towards the case by saying Murray did not seem sorry about what he did and what resulted from his actions.

Conrad Murray did not fulfill his role as a doctor and his irresponsibility cost a life. We all remember the mourning that took place all around the world after Michael Jackson’s death.

Murray does, however, have to pay Jackson’s kids around 100 million dollars in restitution. This money would cover the cost of the funeral arrangements and the loss of what profits were to be made from the “This Is It” tour if Michael Jackson hadn’t died. The exact amount will be decided later.

It seems that the California law system needs a solution before more criminals go mostly unscathed. Michael Jackson was and is loved as the King Of Pop, and it is still good news that someone was held responsible for his death.