Kanye West and Adele top the list of Grammy Nominations

That time of year has come again. No, not the Christmas season, but the beginning of the award season. All music lovers would love to know that their favorite artists may be nominated for the 2012 Grammy. Kanye West had topped the nominations, with seven in total. His song “All of the Lights” is namely what he is nominated for as well as his collaboration with Jay-Z for “Otis” for Best Rap Performance. Fan favorites Adele and Bruno Mars both received six nominations, competing in categories like album and record together.

Kanye West surprised everyone with having the most nominations, but even more of a surprise is not being nominated for Best Album for his album “My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy”. West is not alone with a snub, someone who he knows very well for upstaging her, Taylor Swift was not nominated for Record, Album and Song of the Year. Swift, who is usually very popular when it comes to nominations of any music awards, was only nominated for three awards. Lady Gaga and Beyonce are two other favorites that were unfortunately snubbed from the awards. Gaga earned one while Beyonce earned none. Gaga will be battling it out with Adele as well as Foo Fighters, Bruno Mars, and Rihanna for Album of the Year.

Nicki Minaj, Bon Iver, Foster the People, The Band Perry, and Lil Wayne each earned nominations for their music of the past year. While some may disagree, the judges chose to have these artists as the artists to be nominated. So did your favorite artist get nominated? If so, will you watch to see if they win? Only two more months until the Grammys, so wait and see who will win each award!