Most Talked About on Twitter

There are many guesses of what was the most popular tweets this year, what celebrities were the buzz, or what tragedies were a source of a sad little hashtag.

According to MTV, Beyonce’s reveal of a belly bump at the VMAS in August scored the biggest TPS, or tweets per second. The hot topic hashtags were “Pretty Little Liars”, Rebecca Black, the Super Bowl and Charlie Sheen or #tigerblood.

In the movies category,  “Thor”, “The Dark Rises” “X-Men First Class”, “Fast Five” and “The Green Hornet”were the most tweeted about movies for this year.

Since actors and actresses cannot escape the limelight even over a social networking site, Anne Hathaway, Raven Symone, Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis, and the deceased but loved Elizabeth Taylor made the cut. Who can forget about Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis in Black Swan, or Raven’s sudden weight loss? The men that were most talked about were of course Charlie Sheen, Macaulay Culkin, Ryan Dunn, Ricky Gervais, and Peter Postlethwaite.

Who can forget about the most tweeted about musicians? Rebecca Black, Britney Spears and her album “Femme Fatale”, Gerry Rafferty, and Gil Scott-Heron hit just the right notes.

Now, for the main attraction, the most popular hashtags of the year: #egypt, #tigerblood, #threewordstoliveby, #idontunderstandwhy and #japan.

What do you think Franklin High, is this what you tweeted about too? #letmeknowdownbelow

Here is the video where Beyonce reveals she is pregnant: http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/684908/love-on-top-live.jhtml#id=1668980