New Year’s Eve- The Movie and Reality

Get ready for winter break, 2012 and the holiday season movie of 2011: “New Year’s Eve”! The romantic comedy features a cast of tons of your favorite stars and takes after “Valentine’s Day” which came out in 2010.

The upcoming film takes place in New York City; the busiest place on New Year’s Eve. In real life, New Year’s Eve this year will include Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber, Hot Chelle Rae, and Pitbull performing live from Times Square in Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2012.

The festivities will be as per usual with Fergie hosting the LA based portion of the program. This will air on ABC starting at 8pm on New Year’s Eve.

“New Year’s Eve” the movie includes Michelle Pfeiffer, Zac Efron, Robert De Niro, Halle Berry, Alyssa Milano, Jessica Biel, Seth Meyers, Katherine Heigl, Jon Bon Jovi, Sofía Vergara, Ashton Kutcher, Lea Michele, Sarah Jessica Parker, Abigail Breslin, Jake T. Austin, Nat Wolff, and Ludacris.

The movie follows various characters as they embark on their New Year’s Eve adventures and addresses the feelings and emotions that come with the much anticipated holiday. It will touch upon the excitement and anxiousness of starting anew.

Just like in Garry Marshall’s film “Valentine’s Day” the seemingly random characters are connected in some way that is revealed by the end of the movie. You will laugh, cry, and have your hopes of love’s existence reassured with “New Year’s Eve”.

Whether you are watching this “feel good comedy” or listening to people scream over Lady Gaga on t.v. or even having a media-free evening (impossible!), enjoy the last New Year’s Eve you will ever have, according to the Mayans. Start brainstorming your 2012 resolutions!