The Top Earning Women in the Music Industry

Ever since Rock n’ Roll, music has been one of the most influential types of artwork yet. People use different forms of music to help express feelings/show emotion, or tell stories. And since the talented artists of the 21st century have been able to touch the lives of many people, we often honor them with awards, and we pretty much help them make millions by being their fans.

Below is the a list of the top earning women in the music industry in 2011.

Lady GaGa: $90 million; Gaga was able to pull in bags of money from strong album sales (such as The Fame, The Fame Monster, and Born This Way). Her total cash earnings were more than Taylor Swift ($45 million) and Katy Perry ($44 million); which is shocking because all three artists benefited from heavy touring and popular albums.

Beyonce Knowles: $35 million; Even though Beyonce wasn’t in touch with her musical side this year, she made a large sum of money from a fashion line, fragrances, and other ventures.

Rihanna: $29 million; Every night that Rihanna has a concert, she grosses more than $1 million. She also made lots of money from various CoverGirl commcercials and deals, digital singles, and a new album Loud.

Pink: $22 million; Even with the birth of her new chilld, Willow Sage, Pink topped more than $1 million per show on the road.

Carrie Underwood: $20 million; While on her long concert tour, Carrie Underwood was able to make more than Adam Lambert and Kelly C larkson combined

Adele: $18 million; This number only accounts for the first few months of her carrier with her debut album, 21. And with such high standings, it is likely that she’ll appear on next years Top 10.

Celine Dion: $19 Million; Many of you may not heard of Celine, but she is a british artist, just like Adele. She made the majority of her earnings from the ticket sales at her concerts in Las Vegas.

-Britney Spears: $10 million; Even though Spears didn’t perform in as many shows as the other artists, it was her new album Femme Fatale that helped her make the top 10.

Just 5 of the women on the list were among the 25 highest paid artists. Which is easy to determine which ones they are based off the list above, but here they are anways…

Lady Gaga: Queen Monster grossed $170 million on 137 shows in 22 countries over the past 12 months. Gaga rakes in additional cash for heavy radio play, recorded music sales and endorsement deals from Polaroid, Virgin Mobile, Monster Cable, Viva Glam, and others.

Taylor Swift: It isn’t hard to tell that Swift is a moneymaking machine. With the new album Speak Now, certified triple-platinum. Then barely a month after its October release; she toured grossing around $750,000 per night.

Katy Perry: Perry’s album Teenage Dream is one of nine in history to boast four chart-topping singles. Since the pop-artist isn’t afraid of the camera, she does prom’s for Proactiv, Adidas and Ubisoft, and has her own perfume line, Purr.

Beyonce Knowles:  In the absence of new music revenue, business-focused Beyonce cashes in on clothing line Dereon and endorsement deals with L’Oreal, DirecTV, General Mills and others.

Rihanna: The singer grossed $1 million per night in 38 shows over the past 12 months; added more with strong sales of new album Loud, digital singles and endorsements with CoverGirl, Secret and others.