Hollywood Attention on Sinking Ship

After the cruise ship Costa Concordia ran aground off the Coast of GigilioIslandlast week, it has gained international attention.

On January 20th, the Discovery Channel announced that it will be airing a special this spring. The special will look into what caused the ship to sink, the role of Captain Francesco Schettino had in the disaster and the efforts that were made to save the ship and the people onboard. The network released this statement in relation to the ship and the network’s special, “The world has been horrified and captivated by the real life drama of the Costa Concordia disaster. With so many unanswered questions, Discovery will piece together not only the immediate events, but the bigger story of what comes next in recovery and restoration.”

There were still 11 dead and 23 missing on January 20th. The survivors of the wreck have also gained the attention of television interviews. Two survivors, Georgia and Phil Ananias were interviewed on the Dr. Phil Show. “It’s just unbelievable,” saysGeorgia. “At that point, we didn’t know. One thing that we did know, though, it wasn’t just the captain that wasn’t there. None of the officers were there,” when asked about how she felt when they were trying to get the captain back on the boat.

No word has been released about a movie yet, but it’s only a matter of time.