How to Survive the Approaching Zombie Apocalypse

Saturday, May 26th, 31-year-old Rudy Eugene was fatally shot when police officers tried to stop him from eating another man’s face.

Eugene attacked 65-year-old Ronald Poppo along Miami’s MacArthur Causeway. He stripped Poppo naked and then proceeded to eat approximately 75% of his face, including his nose. The attack lasted about 18 minutes.

When police officers tried to stop Eugene, he growled at them and then went back to eating Poppo’s face.  Eugene was shot once by an officer, but instead of stopping his attack (or even reacting) he continued to chew on Poppo’s face. The police shot him three more times before he died.

Although law enforcement has tried to attribute Eugene’s actions to his use of an LSD-type drug called bath salts, this story has a decidedly zombie-like feeling to it.

As if that’s not enough, the next day in New Jersey Wayne Carter stabbed himself repeatedly and threw his intestines at police officers. The police used two full cans of pepper spray to try and subdue Carter, but if anything they just seemed to enrage him.

For those of you that don’t know, pepper spray irritates the skin, eyes and mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract. Coughing and choking may be experienced. It is very uncomfortable and there is pain associated with it. Pepper spray should have irritated Carter’s open wounds.

On top of these two incidents, there was a Hazmat situation at McArthur High School in Florida, a chemical incident at Fort Lauderdale, and another rash break out at Broward School in Florida.

So if the zombie apocalypse is starting, let’s go over some basic guidelines.

1. Be Prepared with supplies

In your zombie survival kit, make sure you have food (enough to last a while), water, medication, gas, duct tape, a battery-powered radio, clothes, copies of important documents, and first aid supplies.

1. Have a weapon ready

As all good survivalists know, the best way to kill a zombie is with a head shot. Make sure your weapon can do this effectively (you’ll only get one chance). Also, make sure you know how to use your weapon. It won’t magically come to life and protect you.

1. Dress appropriately

Use logic when it comes to your clothing choice. Skirts and high heels probably won’t help you escape a zombie.

1. Find a safe place

Wherever you decide to stay during the zombie-apocalypse, make sure that it’s well protected. You don’t want any zombies to be able to get in, so make sure all the windows are boarded up. Although you should make sure that most of the doors are boarded as well, you will still need an exit. The best plan would probably be to leave a window un-barricaded on the top floor of the building and use a ladder to get out.

1. Find back up

Let’s face it, no one wants to spend the rest of their lives by themselves. During the apocalypse, you should find some people to wait it out with you. Use your discrimination with this though; you don’t want someone to get you killed with their stupidity.

For more survival tips, visit How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse.