‘The British are Coming! The British are Coming!’

Of course we all remember The Beatles, The Who, and The Rolling Stones. They all made their way to America and up the American Billboard Charts.

These are only a few bands that were included in the music phenomenon known as the ‘British Invasion‘.

Well, it seems that lately our neighbors from across the pond have been shipping over a whole new crew of musical artists.

There is no doubt that we’ve all heard of the British (and Irish) boy band known as One Direction. Love them or hate them, these British lads have definitely made it big here in America and around the world.

But have you heard of these other up and coming artists?

Ed Sheeran, known for his creative, beautiful lyrics and acoustic sound is currently touring the U.S. and promoting his album titled ‘+’. Some of his best known songs are ‘Lego House‘ and ‘The A Team‘.  Often referred to as a god-like figure by his fans for his ‘perfect’, meaningful lyrics, this talented guy is surely only beginning his climb up the ladder of fame.

Cher Lloyd, a 19 year old former British X- Factor contestant has also been crossing the States to promote her first album ‘Sticks and Stones’, which features her hit single ‘Want U Back‘. Her unique and rebellious image has drawn quite a bit of attention; she is slowly and surely rising to fame, so keep and eye (or an ear) out for new music from Cher Lloyd!

British boy band , The Wanted, who are often compared with One Direction have made their way across the Atlantic too! Two of their hit songs ‘Glad You Came’ and ‘Chasing the Sun‘ have a fun, dance beat and have currently made their way onto American radio.

There are countless more artists from wonderful Great Britain including the beloved Adele, Jessie J, and rising star Olly Murs, who has recently toured with One Direction here in America over the summer.

[slideshow id=50]

So, what do you think of these new artists?

Is Britain plotting a new Musical Invasion?

Do these new artists compare to the British bands of the past?

Whether they measure up or not, Britain is certainly making it big here in America once again.

What do you think of these new artists?