Best Gangster Flick of the Decade

Ryan Gosling, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin and Emma Stone all come together in one of the most anticipated movies of 2013, as Gangster Squad hits theaters January 11.

“This movie is gonna be sick, it is based on a true story” said FHS senior Jimmy Henchy.

In Los Angeles during the 1940s and 50s, one mob king Mickey Cohen (Sean Penn) in control of all aspects of the town from the drugs, guns, and if he has his way every wire bet placed west of Chicago. Mickey not only has protection from his goon squad but also the police force.

However, there is one secret group of Los Angeles Police Department outsiders led by two men, Sgt. John O’Mara (Josh Brolin) and Jerry Wooters (Ryan Gosling), who have come together to take down Mickey and the rest of gang.

Mara and Wooters no longer cops who have to break the law to save it.

“I read the book and it was amazing, let’s just hope this movie lives up to such a great book” said FHS sophomore Colton Cardinal.

From WarnerBrothers.com, “Gangster Squad is a colorful retelling of events surrounding the LAPD’s efforts to take back their nascent city from one of the most dangerous mafia bosses of all time.”

“I love movies based on gangs like the Godfather and Scarface let’s just hope this movie lives up to these classics,” Said Henchy.

“The usage of such a wide range of actors who are all very accomplished make this film a must see” said Henchy.

If you have nothing going on Friday, go to the local theatre and check out Gangster Squad.