“The Fault in Our Stars” Fans Excited Over Movie

Fans of the bestselling book “The Fault in Our Stars” by John green are anxiously awaiting the arrival of the movie which is supposed to be hitting theaters on June 6th, 2014.

The novel tells the tale of a teenage girl named Hazel who is dying of cancer and meets a boy named Augustus who is in remission at a cancer support group. They eventually fall deeply in love and have to face the tough situations there health conditions have put them in.

This past week the first movie trailer has been released onto various websites, and left fans craving for more to see. Although we only got to see glimpses of what this anticipated movie will look like it was still enough to spark lots of attention across social media sites and even at Franklin High School.

“Its a heartbreaking story but when you read it you can’t put the book down. I can’t wait for the movie because I wanna see how I imagined the story in real life. I hope it will be even more amazing to watch Hazels journey happen in front of you,” said Nadia Havens, a student at Franklin High School.

Although most people would say that the book is always better than the movie it seems like fans of the book are looking forward to it hitting the big screen.

This could be because of the wonderful cast that Fox 2000 hired to play the fictional characters from the novel. Shailene Woodley was cast to play Hazel, while Ansel Elgort her companion in the movie.

Ironically the two actors are both playing in the upcoming movie Divergent, which is also based off of a novel. In addition to the two lead characters, Nat Wolff is playing another character in the novel named Isaac.

Isaac is another member of the cancer support group who is a mutual friend of Hazel and Augustus.

“I liked the book because it easily connected with the intended audience and brought them an emotional connection to the characters,” said Riley Halliday.

With this being said, it is safe to say that if you decide to read the book or watch the upcoming movie it is filled with a roller coaster of emotions. Just watching the movie trailer proves that!

About the Contributor
Kylee Hurley
Kylee Hurley, Sports Editor
Kylee Hurley has been a member of Pantherbook since her Freshman year of High School. She is currently the Sports Editor. In addition to Pantherbook, Kylee has been a member of the Varsity Mock Trial Team since her sophomore year. Last year Kylee was inducted into the National Honor Society. She is currently the teacher of her younger sister’s CCD class at St. Mary’s in Franklin.  She has been working at Anne’s Country Market in Franklin, for three years. In her free time Kylee likes to read, write, camp, and shop. She loves scary movies and TV shows such as The Walking Dead. Kylee listens to a wide variety of music, and has an interest in music from the past. Kylee is very interested in politics, and helped cover the election in most of her articles last year. She plans to go to college for nursing with a minor in English in the fall.