“Divergent” Excitement

Divergentthe new movie based on Veronica Roth‘s hit trilogy, comes to theaters March 21.

The final trailer for Divergent was released on February 3, 2014, and has since been viewed more than two million times. Other trailers have previewed in the past few weeks leading up to the movie premiere.

The trailer includes clips of characters Tris Prior (Shailene Woodley),  Four (Theo James), Caleb Prior (Ansel Elgort) and Jeanine Matthews (Kate Winslet).

“I really enjoyed the book,” says sophomore Emily Bauer, “It was unique and always made me want to read more. I found the factions really interesting and can’t wait to see how it is portrayed in the movie.”

Divergent is set in a dystopian world where children are, at the age of 16, sorted into factions by their personality traits for the betterment of the society. The series details Tris Prior’s struggles with being Divergent, meaning that she does not fit in any one faction. Throughout the books, Tris struggles with her personal identity as she tries to fit into her chosen faction and at the same time battles and keeps her Divergence a corrupt government which has been secretly killing Divergents. The other two books in the series are Insurgent and Allegiant.

The Divergent movie premieres on March 21, 2014 in the United States.