Franklin Students Love “Resurrection”

Sunday night was the premiere of ABC’s new show “Resurrection“, and Franklin High students are buzzing about it.

There were over 13 million viewers tuning in to watch the new drama. Resurrection tells the story of a small town of people whose loved ones start returning from the dead.

The first episode focused around a young boy named Jacob who woke up in China, having no clue how he got there. It turns out he had been dead for over thirty years, while is now older parents grieved in there hometown Arcadia, Missouri.

Jacob is played by Landon Gimenez, while Jacobs parents are played by actors Matt Craven and Frances Fisher.

Nadia Havens who is a freshman at Franklin High School loved the show just as much as critics.

“It’s exciting and I just want to find out more,” she said.

“Resurrection” is a great show for people who love dramas or fantasy. It is on every Sunday at 9 for an hour.

Most people do not know that the premiere episode was entitled The Returned. It is based off of a novel called “The Returned” by Jason Mott. Not only did this book get wonderful reviews, but it was also Jason Mott’s debut novel.

Overall if it wasn’t for Jason Mott’s novel, this TV show may have never been created!

About the Contributor
Kylee Hurley, Sports Editor
Kylee Hurley has been a member of Pantherbook since her Freshman year of High School. She is currently the Sports Editor. In addition to Pantherbook, Kylee has been a member of the Varsity Mock Trial Team since her sophomore year. Last year Kylee was inducted into the National Honor Society. She is currently the teacher of her younger sister’s CCD class at St. Mary’s in Franklin.  She has been working at Anne’s Country Market in Franklin, for three years. In her free time Kylee likes to read, write, camp, and shop. She loves scary movies and TV shows such as The Walking Dead. Kylee listens to a wide variety of music, and has an interest in music from the past. Kylee is very interested in politics, and helped cover the election in most of her articles last year. She plans to go to college for nursing with a minor in English in the fall.