“Peanuts” Back on the Big Screen

The cherished and popular “Peanuts” are coming back to the theaters after almost 35 years. On November 6, 2015, the son of Charles M. SchulzCraig Schulz, plans to bring back the beloved characters of his father, with the exception of it being in 3D.

Freshman, Luisa Bomfim comments: “I would love to watch the Charlie Brown movie because of its great animation and beautiful cartoons.”

The last time the “Peanuts” characters were on the big screen was in 1980 when they released “Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (And Don’t Come Back!”)

The directer of “Bridesmaids”Paul Feig, is going to be one of the executive producers making “Peanuts” come back to life . Also, Steve Martino, directer of “Ice Age:  Continental Drift” and “Horton Hears a Who” is a part of this project.   The movie is coming from 20th Century Fox and also Blue Sky Studios (the same animation company that made “Ice Age”“Epic” and also “Rio”).

Martino comments to US Magazine saying: “These characters are known and loved worldwide, and now we have an opportunity to bring them to a new generation.”

The teaser trailer for “Peanuts” came online this past Tuesday, which starred Charlie Brown and his well known and loved dog, Snoopy. However, the trailer doesn’t let us know if Charlie Brown’s friends are going to be apart of this film. But, it is almost for sure that all time favorite siblings, Linus and Lucy, would be starring in the movie.

“I think it would be interesting to see this movie. I think it is a great idea to continue Charlie Brown because it was so popular.” says FHS Freshman, Katie Grome.

Craig Shulz comments to Huffington Post about his project saying: “We have been working on this project for years. We finally felt the time was right and the technology is where we need it to be to create this film. I am thrilled we will be partnering with Blue Sky/Fox to create a Peanuts movie that is true to the strip and will continue the legacy in honor of my father.”