Books FHS Students Are Recommending

With April vacation approaching, some students at Franklin High are looking for new books to read. A few students have shown their input on books that they feel are a good read for teens at Franklin High.

Grace Griffin is a freshman at Franklin High who loves Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. It is a heart felt story about a new college student who is trying to cope with being away from her twin sister for the first time, while getting lover her childhood fandom of her favorite writer, Simon Snow.

“I would recommend Fangirl because it is one relatable and unique story,” says Griffin in an interview of her favorite book.

With the upcoming movie premiere of The Fault in our Stars lots of teens want to read the book before it hits the big screen. It was originally a book written by John Green, and tells a touching story of two cancer patients who fall in love while coping with the struggles of having cancer.

Lila Kaplin is one student at Franklin High who has already read the novel and absolutely adored it. “It was a truly touching story,” she said while discussing the upcoming movie in comparison to the book.

The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks is a romance novel about two High School sweethearts who were torn apart years ago, but years later have finally crossed paths again. It is supposed to hit theaters this summer, and is sure to bring tears like most of Spark’s novels tend to do.

Some students have been raving about it, including Nadia Havens. “This book truly messed with my emotions, but it was a good one I won’t forget,” she said.

Overall, it sounds like these three novels are all a great read, so if you are looking for a book this may be the right one for you!

About the Contributor
Kylee Hurley
Kylee Hurley, Sports Editor
Kylee Hurley has been a member of Pantherbook since her Freshman year of High School. She is currently the Sports Editor. In addition to Pantherbook, Kylee has been a member of the Varsity Mock Trial Team since her sophomore year. Last year Kylee was inducted into the National Honor Society. She is currently the teacher of her younger sister’s CCD class at St. Mary’s in Franklin.  She has been working at Anne’s Country Market in Franklin, for three years. In her free time Kylee likes to read, write, camp, and shop. She loves scary movies and TV shows such as The Walking Dead. Kylee listens to a wide variety of music, and has an interest in music from the past. Kylee is very interested in politics, and helped cover the election in most of her articles last year. She plans to go to college for nursing with a minor in English in the fall.