Go Green at Earthfest 2014

It’s that time of year again Radio 92.9 Earthfest will be taking place Saturday, May 17th.

Every May for the last 9 years Radio 92.9 with help from Whole Foods Market and over 50 more sponsors join forces to put on Earthfest. This year it will take place on Saturday May 17th from 10a.m. to 5p.m.  The concert will take place at the DCR Hatch Memorial Shell along side the Charles River.

The line up for this year consist of very talented musicians such as Neon Trees, The Wailers, Small Pools, Morning Parade, and a local band not yet announced that won their spot in a battle of the bands contest.

Earthfest is a free concert that has been put on for several years now by, Radio 92.9 with the help of many sponsors focused on making the environment clean. The objective of this event is to spread the message of going green through good music and good times.

Some students weighed in their opinion of the festival.

“I think it’s a great idea. Having big name bands such as The Wailers and Neon Tree’s showing up to support this cause makes it more well known.” said Chase Manning 

Chase also said,

“This is a way that is fun and will get the youth involved. This will have a bigger impact.” Manning stated.

Another student Christine Rae gave her opinion.

“It’s a lot of fun and a good way to promote going green” Rae said.

Even faculty member Mrs. Gannon wanted to tell her view.

“A lot of these concerts bring a renewed awareness to the average person on certain topics, and if more people learn about going green it would do its job.” Mrs. Gannon said.

Along with these bands performing there will be hundreds of tents set up by the sponsors giving out free samples and goodies promoting the awareness of going green.

No outside food or drink will be allowed in but there will be organic food provided by the sponsors for purchase. There will also be a free hydration center where one is allowed to refill their water.

Earthfest is a once year event full of good times for a good cause, and its free. Everyone is encouraged to show up and experience some great music and get educated about how to make our world cleaner.