The Anticipation: The Fault in our Stars Coming to Theaters

June 6th marks the day that fans have been waiting for; the debut of “The Fault in our Stars film. It is based off the novel by John Green which was published in January 2012, and was planned to become a film less than a year later. 

The story revolves around Hazel Grace who is a dying cancer patient that inevitably falls in love with Augustus Waters  who has also undergone treatment for cancer.

Most fans of the book approve of the cast, due to John Green having lots of input on the film. Shailene Woodley was cast as Hazel, with Ansel Elgort playing Augustus. Lots of people recognize the pair from the film “Divergent” which came out this year.

Shailene and Ansel happened to be onscreen brother and sister in “Divergent” and now take on the role of being a couple in “The Fault in Our Stars.”

Nate Wolff who is most known for his role in “The Naked Brothers Band” will also be featured in the film. He portrays a young man who loses his eyes due to cancer, and befriends Hazel and Augustus along the way.

“The Fault in Our Stars” isn’t the only bestseller that Green has created. Aside from this riveting novel he also created “Looking For Alaska” which tells the story of a shy High School student that befriends the interesting Alaska Young.

The ending of this novel will shock its readers as much as “The Fault in Our Stars”.

Students at Franklin High are anxious to see the film, including freshman Nadia Havens. In an interview with Nadia after the first trailer for the movie dropped she told Pantherbook why she can’t wait to see this years feel-good movie.

“Its a heartbreaking story but when you read it you can’t put the book down. I can’t wait for the movie because I wanna see how I imagined the story in real life. I hope it will be even more amazing to watch Hazels journey happen in front of you,” she stated.

Today over one million copies of the novel have been printed, and millions of people across the world await to see the upcoming film.

About the Contributor
Kylee Hurley
Kylee Hurley, Sports Editor
Kylee Hurley has been a member of Pantherbook since her Freshman year of High School. She is currently the Sports Editor. In addition to Pantherbook, Kylee has been a member of the Varsity Mock Trial Team since her sophomore year. Last year Kylee was inducted into the National Honor Society. She is currently the teacher of her younger sister’s CCD class at St. Mary’s in Franklin.  She has been working at Anne’s Country Market in Franklin, for three years. In her free time Kylee likes to read, write, camp, and shop. She loves scary movies and TV shows such as The Walking Dead. Kylee listens to a wide variety of music, and has an interest in music from the past. Kylee is very interested in politics, and helped cover the election in most of her articles last year. She plans to go to college for nursing with a minor in English in the fall.