Divergent Series Continues On

Veronica Roth is not finished yet with her very famous Divergent series. It continues on with a short story collection called, Four A Divergent Collection or also known as The Initiate A Divergent Collection.

This book is made of 5 e-Book short stories that are from the Divergent books told in Tobias Eaton’s (“Four”) perspective. The first story, Free Four: Tobias Tells The Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene, was released on April 23, 2o12. The second one, called The Transfer, was released September 23, 2013. The third (The Initiate), the fourth (The Son)  and the last (The Traitor) are all scheduled for release on July 8, 2014. Now since they will all be finished, Roth is putting them all in the short story book which is scheduled to be released the same day.

Carolyn Fenerty, FHS student, states her opinion on the new book:

“I think it is a little unnecessary for Roth to make this new book because she’s already went on with the series, however, I will buy and read the book because the Divergent series is very good and Four is an interesting character.”

In Roth’s opinion, this book is considered a prequel to the Divergent trilogy. Roth stated

“The e-shorts will address Tobias’s backstory and some of the mysterious things going on in the world before Tris chose Dauntless, together, they form a kind of Tobias-centered Divergent prequel, though there is some overlap.”

In the first story,  Free Four: Tobias Tells The Divergent Knife-Throwing Scene, it retells chapter 13 of Divergent. 

The second story, The Transfer, takes place when Four is sixteen years old and it is before his choosing ceremony.

Basically the entire book is about sixteen year old Tobias Eaton living in the faction, Abnegation, with his abusive father, Marcus Eatonand also how he meets Tori Wu when she administers his aptitude test. The rest of the story basically shows how he eventually meets Tris Prior.

Just like the other Divergent books, the new book’s cover is a circle filled with train cars, which are colliding in four different parts.