Things To Do This Summer

If you’re looking to go to the beach this summer, there are many options right here in Massachusetts. A short drive over the Bourne Bridge will bring you to Cape Cod, the home of many quiet beaches and interesting sea life. Parking at the beach can be difficult, crowded, and often expensive. At lighthouse beach in Chatham, a shuttle is offered from a local gas station where parking is only $5. This is an inexpensive and convenient way to spend a day at the beach. There are also many beaches along the North Shore of Massachusetts, and many of these allow camping. Camping out on the beach is an affordable way to turn a beach day into a beach weekend.

If you’d rather not get the sand in your pants, there are many concerts to attend this summer. Just a few minutes away, Comcast Center in Mansfield is an ideal location for many headlining bands. This summer, there will be over thirty concerts, including Dave Matthews Band, 311, Jimmy Buffet, John Mayer, and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Gillette Stadium in Foxboro will also be hosting Countryfest, which is a concert featuring many country musicians, including Brad Paisley, Jason Aldean, Darius Rucker, Sara Evans, and Easton Corbin. These concerts will draw large crowds, including many Franklin High students.

If concerts don’t interest you and the beach isn’t your thing, feel free to be lazy this summer and do whatever you want!