Syrian Citizens Massacred by Own Government

Nearly a Hundred people were killed in a horrendous massacre in Taldou, a village near Houla, in the central province of Syria on Friday. The men responsible for the attacks are believed to members of a pro-regime militia known as Al-Shabiha, meaning ghost in Arabic.

The regime military began shelling the area at around 3:00 pm on Friday, May 25.

U.N. investigators believe estimated that 49 out of the hundred-plus victims are children. In addition, nearly 20 women were also killed.

Supporters of the Assad regime said that members of the town were the ones who carried out the attacks on the local villagers. The residents call it absurd to say that the attacks were committed by members of the town.

The regime has taken a stance that armed terrorists from Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan and overtaken the uprising.

The members of the militia are believed to be part of the Allawite sect of Islam, and are fighting for the Assad Regime.

The militia were reported to be wearing at least partial military clothing some members were dressed in civilian garb.

Only the regime military forces are believed to be able to shell an area for an extended period of time.

The people of the surrounding villages state that accusations of Al-Qaida terroists being among them is false, and that it would be impossible for them to be there without them knowing about it.