Obama Set To Be Sworn In

On Monday January 21st 2013 Barack Obama will begin his second term as the President of the United States of America when he is sworn-in in front of the entire nation.

The presidential inauguration ceremony has more to it then what most expect. The inauguration ceremony officially begins on Saturday the 19th with the National Day of Service. On this day President Obama asks all Americans to organize and participate in service projects in their communities to honor our shared values and celebrate the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

On Sunday the 20th the President will officially be sworn in during a small, private swearing-in ceremony.

Monday January 21st is when all of the excitement occurs, as President Obama is set to be sworn in publicly in Washington DC by Chief Justice of the United States John G. Roberts, Jr. The public inauguration will be followed by the inaugural parade and multiple inaugural balls.

“It’s going to be an exciting experience” said junior Tom Downing, who will be attending the inauguration ceremony with FHS.

“We’ll get to see the political process in action, I’m really excited to see it because it’s a big part of our history and its amazing to see how far our country has come from just a few decades ago. I’m really proud to be an American.” continued Downing.

The official theme for the 2013 inauguration is “Faith in America’s Future” commemorating the United States’ perseverance and unity, marking the 150th anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation and the placement of the Statue of Freedom atop the Capitol Dome in 1863.

On Tuesday the 22nd the Inaugural National Prayer Service will take place at Washington National Cathedral. The service will include prayer, readings, musical performances and will be webcast live at www.nationalcathedral.org