Senior Class Update

Many seniors are stirring in their seats as they wait to hear what the plan is for the events at the end of the year. Senior class advisor, Mrs. MacLean, says that Principal Light will be sending out an email of various information and expectations. Until then, Pantherbook has been able to track down some of the key information:

Robe pick up day will be on Friday May 31, and the senior meeting is mandatory for students to attend. At this meeting there will be guest speakers, the rules of senior week/graduation will be stated, and after the meeting yearbooks will be given out.

• Graduation will be held on June 5, at 5 pm. Seniors will begin to meet at the school at 3:30 in the cafeteria and graduation will be held in the gym/auditorium. Teachers will be attending along with administrative staff from the district.
  •  There will be a fee and online contract for senior week.

Students have expressed confused feelings with graduation being held inside the gym. MacLean said: “The PCC discussed the possibility of having it outside, and it was decided that it would be better to have it indoors due to weather concerns like storms or excessive heat.” 

Some seniors have expressed disappointment about the new location for graduation. Senior Allison Scarborough shares her opinion on graduation, stating: “I think it doesn’t make sense to have it in a place that can’t hold the volume of the people that attend graduation, but other than that I don’t have too many issues with it.”

MacLean emphasized the importance of seniors periodically checking their emails for updated information. The emails will have the senior week schedule, the graduation rehearsal schedule, final exam schedule, and any other information seniors will need to know.