Franklin Food Elves Wanted

Emma Nicholson, Writer

Are you looking for an opportunity to serve your community this holiday season? Are you in search of community service hours to meet your requirement? Consider becoming a Franklin Food Elf!

Franklin Food Pantry
Food Elves is an annual project run by the Franklin Food Pantry.

The Franklin Food Pantry is currently in search of FHS students to become Franklin Food Elves for the 2019 year. “Food Elves” is an annual project hosted by the pantry that collects monetary donations during the beginning of December. For those suffering from food instability, the holiday season is an especially tough time. The goal of this project is that the pantry can use the donations collected to meet the specific needs of the pantry.

Food elves will collect donations from their neighborhood in addition to starting an online fundraising campaign. Elves will use the platform DonorPerfect to collect donations online. There will be a very detailed toolkit sent to all elves in the next few weeks that lays out each step.

Each neighborhood/district of Franklin has an assigned captain that will communicate with elves in the neighborhood to distribute specific street assignments. This project is also supported by a team of lead elves that are available to answer any questions. Follow the Food Elves twitter @FoodElves for more updates.

Franklin Food Pantry
This is the biggest fundraiser for the pantry. Last year, Food Elves raised $30,000!

Though it is important that you are invested in the project, being a food elf is not extremely time consuming, so even if you are busy this season with sports and other extracurriculars, please consider participating. Families are also welcome to participate as a family to distribute the responsibility.

FHS students will receive community service hours for their participation!

If you are interested in becoming a food elf, please send an email to [email protected] indicating that you are interested. Please also mention your school district and street name. All new food elves will need to attend a brief pantry tour and meeting with the date to be announced soon.

During a season of giving, Food Elves is a great opportunity to give back to your community.

Food Elves Wanted flyer