Thursday’s Announcements

[Marker][Marker]Be sure to check out highschoolsports.net for athletic updates.

A reminder to all faculty: Tomorrow morning Student Government is hosting a Faculty Appreciation Breakfast. Please stop by the café after 7:00 am and enjoy the food!

There will be a Model U.N. meeting today in Mr. Walsh’s room, D210. ~We will be electing new officers. ~New members are still welcome!

There will be a Student Government meeting TODAY.

Peer Leader Senior Dinner will be TONIGHT, Thursday May 19th from 4-5ish
Any questions please see Jillian, Mrs. Hess or Mrs. Briggs ASAP!!

National Honor Society will be holding a meeting for all NEW members on Monday, May 23rd in Ms. B’s room right after school.

The Special Olympics has been changed to Tuesday May 24th. Please see Mrs. Connolly with any conflicts or concerns.

Gallery 218 presents YOUNG ARTISTS 2011
Exhibit of student work K – 12 will be open May 1st through June 8th
Opening Reception May 24th, 5:00 – 7:00 pm
Everyone is welcome!

Tab Wars has come to a close for the 2010-2011 School year…….CONGRATULATIONS to the FACULTY for bringing in the most tabs and winning tab wars…..you will be rewarded with an ice cream party…..
Thank you to all who participated…….Yesterday Franklin High School sent to Catskill High School in New York 49 lbs of tabs which equals out to 80,360 tabs!
Great Job FHS……you have helped to support the children and their families who go to Shriners Hospital who require medical care with Orthopedics, Burn Care, Cleft Lip and Palate and Spinal Cord Injuries. There are 18 Shiners Hospitals across the US, Monreal, and Mexico with 2 here right in Massachusetts (Boston and Springfield)

Attention Seniors and parents of seniors:

Please go to the All Night Party website for information on the All Night Party, including the Parent Information Sheet and the Student Guideline Sheet.

Congratulations to the newly selected Peer Mentors!! All new mentors have been contacted via the email address they provided on their application. If you did not receive an email from Mrs. Cerce or Mrs. Hess we would like to thank you for applying. It was a difficult process as we received well over 100 applications for 25 spots.
All new Peer Mentors need to stop by Mrs. Cerce’s office today to pick up a permission slip for the in school training we have planned.

Sound in the Hall Records is running the ultimate raffle: 2 tickets to this years Warp tour and smash a guitar like a rock star! Runners up smash guitars and receive a Sound in the Hall tee shirt. Buy your tickets today for just 50 cents at lunch or from Mr. Peacock in K122.

Anyone that ordered DVDs of this year’s Oskey show can pick up their DVD at the front desk. If you have not paid the five dollars yet you will need to do so before you can take the DVD home.

Prom Pictures are in and can be picked up in D211.

Mirage, Franklin High School’s literary magazine, is going on sale this week during all four lunches. Help support FHS’s creative writers by purchasing a copy of the magazine for 3 dollars. Each issue you~buy gets you a raffle ticket for a jar of candy!

Attention: all students: Please check the Lost & Found in the front office if you are missing anything from this year. We have eye glasses, jewelry and lots of clothing.

Attention Seniors: The Franklin Lions Club is offering a $1000 scholarship to a graduating senior who has been involved in community service at school, any branch of town government, with church groups, scouts or service to any other organization that help the citizens of Franklin.
Check in the guidance office for more information, an application and essay topic.
Applications will be accepted until May 6th.

Boston University is sponsoring a one week, hands on laboratory experience for any high school students currently in grades 10 – 12 in order to provide experience in biotechnology and lab skills. If interested, see Ms. Redding in F118 or in C house.
website link: bumc.bu.edu/citylab/summerlab
\

There is information regarding summer programs being held at area colleges in the guidance office including applications for scholarships. Please feel free to stop by and check it out!

Help support the FHS Swim Team and buy a Panther throw or towel. Visit the DECA
Store!

SAT TEST DATE:

June 4th