Some Kids May Have to Expect Less for Christmas

Best Buy reported on Wednesday the 21st, that some online orders will not arrive before Christmas to their online shoppers. Orders that were not shipped from all the way back to Black Friday.

“Due to overwhelming demand of hot product offerings on BestBuy.com during the November and December time period, we have encountered a situation that has affected redemption of some of our customers’ online orders,” Best Buy said in an emailed statement to FOX 9. Read more here.

Best Buy is the largest U.S. specialty electronics retailer, but that could change next year after this incident. While Best Buy may not have their holiday sales affected by this, shoppers sure are.

An user by the name of 77Pat on the Best Buy Holiday Forum said, “I ordered NBA 2k12 for PS3 on 11/24.  I received two ‘prepairing for shipment’ emails on 11/30.  I received a tracking email on 12/1 and my card was charged on 12/2.  The tracking number said shipping notification received in Kentucky.  Item still not delivered today, no backorder notice, and now the tracking number says that it is invalid.  I tried contacting Streamlite and they said to contact Best Buy.  This was supposed to be a gift for Christmas and now I wish I could just change the order to In Store pickup at this point since my local store has the game in stock.”

Best Buy hasn’t reported just how many orders will not see a home this Christmas and exactly what products are out of stock. The hope for a Very Merry Christmas may just have to wait for some homes this year.