Locker Clean Out

It’s that time of year again. Soon, a designated period will occur so that you can take out everything that has accumulated in your locker over the school year. Some students keep their locker fairly clean. Others throw in all of their trash, papers, books, and more. For some, the clean out reveals quite a few surprising objects. What have students found in their lockers during clean outs over the years, and what teachers witnessed?
“A few years ago, I saw a student take five open cartons of milk out of his locker. There was mold growing, and maggots,” says Mr. Leighton. “It was really gross!”

“I found Disney Princess Figurines stuffed in my locker from a physics project that happened months,” says student Megan Dean.

“Last year, I had a couple pounds of crushed paper on the bottom of my locker,” says student Sean Dolan

So, how can you avoid this next year? Here are some tips to keep a clean locker with minimal effort.

1. At the end of the week, take a minute to take out any papers, trash, or other objects from your locker. This will save you time later in the year.

2. Keep all of your papers in folders that are for each class. This will make your locker clean, and make it easier to find your papers.

3. Don’t throw anything in your locker. Place it neatly in. This will only take a few seconds, and will save time later.

4. Lastly, make sure you store books neatly in a your. Place smaller items on shelves. This will make it easier to find small items.

These tips take very little time and will ensure that your locker remains clean. This will save time so that you are not looking through a big pile of materials.