Juggalos A Gang?

When you think of die hard fans and the genre of horrocore you think of the rap duo of Insane Clown Posse. The group and their fans called the “Juggalos” have considered themselves as a group of misunderstood outcasts. They were black and white face paint just like their musical idols. They even hold their own annual music festival named The Gathering of the Juggalos. The Gathering was described by the Insane Clown Posse as like a “Juggalo Woodstock” . But the FBI is no longer putting up with the Juggalos and how their actions throughout the nation.

In the 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment, the Juggalos were labeled as a “hybrid gang” or a gang with multiple connections. The FBI stated in the assessment that “many Juggalo subsets exhibit gang-like behavior and engage in criminal activity and violence”.  Also it was stated that the Juggalos were “rapidly expanding into many U.S. communities”. Juggalos though before the report was issued were recognized as a gang in 4 states and have been identified in 21 states.

With the recent classification, the Juggalo community is in shock and dismay. Some Juggalos are actually forming a protest to try to save the groups image. They believe that true Juggalos “are a part of the sub culture to American and are not criminals”. The Juggalos have been around for years, and now the FBI feels that it is time to crack down on them no matter what the reason is.