Powder Puff Games

As long as i can remember (freshman year to junior year), the student body has held a powder puff game. For those of you who don’t know what that is, it’s when all of the girls that are interested play in a school-wide football tournament. Each team is seperated by grade so that even though it may not be fair, each girl is given a chance to make new friends. The first rounds are the freshman vs juniors and sophomore vs seniors. Then the two winners of the first round play again and battle for the title.

In previous years, the winner has changed every year. Some may assume that the seniors is an automatic win because they’re more skilled but that may not necessarily be the case. Each team has a good chance of winning…unless their opponents team is stacked with athletes then maybe things will be different. But even though participating in a girl football game sounds a little intimidating, it is actually really fun. Some teams may decide to make t-shirts and dress up in crazy outfits during the school day to show their spirit. I see it as a good chance to make friends and have a good time.

For those of you who want to play on the teams, you are required to attend 1 pre-powder puff meeting. There are three different meetings; November 7th, 10th, and 15th. The location of the meetings is undecided but an announcement will be made when it comes close to meeting dates.