Bruins Look to Gain Edge

The Boston Bruins are still looking to get a berth into the playoffs. They had a huge win against the New Jersey Devils beating them 1-0 in overtime with a goal by Patrice Bergeron. The B’s are looking to stay with there winning ways tonight against the Florida Panthers at the Garden. The last time these two teams met the Florida Panthers came out on top with a overtime goal.

The Boston Bruins (35-29-12) and the Florida Panthers (30-34-12) have faced each other three previous times this year, with the B’s leading the serious 2-1. “We’re fighting for our lives right now,” Bruins coach Claude Julien said. “It’s in our hands. If we worry about ourselves and do the job, we shouldn’t worry about anybody else. We’ve got find a way to get that energy, that effort. We know it’s a tough schedule, but no one feels sorry for us said by Patrice Bergeron. The Bruins know that this is a huge game for them, and win tonight will put them 4 points head of the 9th place Atlanta Thrashers who are fighting for a playoff spot as well. The Thrashers travel to Washington tonight to try and keep their playoff hopes alive. With three weeks left in the season the B’s have six games remaining.

The B’s face off with the 1st place Washington Capital twice before the end of the season. The B’s are 0-2 in the season series this year. The Bruins fate are in their own hands throughout the next three weeks.