Duke Wins its Fourth National Title

Monday night, Duke played in one of the most exciting basketball games EVER. Duke was matched up against a tough Butler Bulldogs team that was riding a monumental win streak and looking to pull off the major upset. But with 3.8 seconds to go, Butler star Gordon Hayward pulled down a rebound and launched a half court shot to win the title. The ball sailed through the air with every fan on the edge of their seat, as it bounced off the backboard and rim clinching Duke’s fourth national title. Kyle Singler led the Blue Devils with 19 points and was named the tournament MVP. Senior Jon Scheyer capped off his collegiate career with 15 points and Nolan Smith contributed 13 points in Duke’s win.

Coach Krzyzewski has secured his spot in coaching greatness by winning his fouth title, trailing only John Wooden with 10 titles. Krzyzewski’s job this season was very difficult, but he managed to adapt to his players and most importantly, found a way to win. He built this team around character and allowed the players to adapt to each other and gel into the team that would allow him to cut down the nets for the fourth time. All year, Krzyzewski has said that this team was not great, but they were a good team. Finally, after it was all said and done, and it was time to return to Cameron Indoor Stadium infront of thousands of Cameron Crazies, he told his players “You are a great team, you are a great team”