Franklin Moves Forward to 2-0

On Monday the boys lacrosse team came up with a win over Sharon to extend to 2-0 on the season. Both wins have come from victories in the Hockomock League. Franklin came out on fire in the first quarter scoring six of their ten goals and really looking like a solid team. At the start of the second half the boys came out flat and began to turn the ball over to Sharon allowing the eagles to score three goals.

“We came out strong taking control but we became to comfortable with our lead.” says Brady “We can’t let that happen anymore especially against the better teams such as King Philip.” The team is playing King Philip on Thursday in a double header with the girls lacrosse team. The boys managed to pull it together after the half after a pep talk from head coach Lou Verrochi.

“After the first quarter we slacked off a little and it cost us,” said coach Verrochi. “It was not the same team that had come to play in previous games or the one that played in the first quarter”. The offense managed to score four more times in the second half and the defense only allowed three more goals. The Franklin boys managed to pull of a win with a score of ten to six. “In the end we managed to pull of the win even though it wasn’t pretty but it was still a win” said Verrochi. The team is looking forward to their next team rivalry against King Philip.